Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Orientation

Graduate-student orientation today. Since my program has been going for a week and a half now, we've already heard from most of these people. By around 3:30, people were in a line somewhere between 50-100 people long, waiting for free beer, soda and appetizers, after having had a free lunch of really good, substantial food only a couple of hours before.

Also read through my discussion group's papers today. I really can't tell if the ones that were bad just didn't try since it wasn't graded, or if there are really some idiots in this class.

................................................................

If you've read Dawkins's God Delusion, you already know that this is really funny, especially starting with #36: http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm

2 comments:

Sub-sub-librarian said...

My sympathies for your coffee stained bag. That would piss me off somethin’ fierce.

I’m glad you got into that Goethe class. You need to fill me in on what you guys read and talk about.

I don’t know if you saw this already, but I found this video of Steven Pinker on the Colbert Report: http://richarddawkins.net/article,743,Interview-with-Steven-Pinker,The-Colbert-Report

The Unapologetic said...

Thanks, that was great. I also watched the interview with Jared Diamond, which was even better.