Monday, September 17, 2007

Day Six

Registration this morning. Despite fears to the contrary, I got into all my classes (with the help of a signature from a professor). One on fiction in North, Central and South America, one on Goethe and one on interpretive theory. I can't wait for Monday.

The people in my program are as I expected. I've found a few people who seem like potential friends, but for the most part, the students are overly sure of themselves and think they know everything already. The first paper we wrote demonstrated pretty clearly that they don't. Some people have even started skipping class already, which I understand where undergrads are concerned, but really? Paying $35,000 to skip class?

At any rate, I love it already, and I think this year is going to be really challenging. Which I need.

No comments: