Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fall Out Boy

A friend of mine who lives in L.A. recently posted about the fact that rock and roll out there (and maybe everywhere) is too pretty now. He hates that bands are now loved becuase they're physically attractive instead of being made physically attractive by their music and attitude. I definitely take issue with the first part of the claim, but find its second part insightful.

One band that makes that sentiment ring true for me is Fall Out Boy. I'm not a fan of theirs by any stretch of the word, but they have one song/video that I love, that made me swoon for the lead singer, who I would say is pretty much ugly by most standards. In Sugar, We're Going Down, he makes the strangest (ugliest) faces and somehow comes off as incredibly attractive. (I'm awful to say this, but now he's fat and has gross sideburns and I find him repulsive when making the very same movements and faces.)

Such is the fickle attitude of a non-hardcore fan.

No comments: