Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's me

Just now, outside my seventh-floor window, Iz Kamakawiwo'ole's cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" started playing loudly. I walked to the window and a flock of white birds was flying back and forth against the backdrop of the monument and a bright blue sky.

If I had been contemplating some major life decision and at that moment had said If God exists, He will give me a sign right now," I would have found the answer. Since I know there's no such thing, at least it gave me something to smile about.

Who's setting me up here?

2 comments:

thecrazydreamer said...

maybe it's an answer to the unasked question "does beauty exist?"

forrest said...

Isn't that song someting? Some kind of longing inside his voice, even though you've heard other versions of the song a hundred times. He's quite a legend and a deeply loved hero out here. It's pretty cool.

TCD has a point...

How's life you mofo? Where you at? Why you so quiet on this thing? Miss hearing your voice around these here parts.